Pro Arts relies on the support of volunteers who want to get involved in the Bay Area arts community by supporting one of the oldest and most significant institutions for contemporary art in Oakland.
Pro Arts is currently seeking individuals with experience in customer service to provide assistance to our staff and guests during events. Pro Arts depends on volunteers to successfully facilitate bi-weekly public programs. Volunteers must be welcoming and enjoy working with the public. (Experience with technical sound equipment is a plus!*)
– Welcome visitors
– Assist with bar and/or admission sales
– Direct guests to restrooms and seats
– Answer questions about our space, mission and public programs
To apply, please send letter of interest and availability to email@example.com
Gallery Assistant Internship Position
The Gallery Assistant Intern plays a crucial role in the organizational support of Pro Arts. Annually, Pro Arts showcases 11 exhibitions, facilitates an artist residency program, hosts bi-weekly public programs and provides in-classroom arts education in Oakland public schools.
The Gallery Assistant Intern is responsible, highly motivated, outgoing, and a team player who will work with the Gallery Manager and Executive Director.
This unpaid internship is a part-time role with up to 10 hours during weekday afternoons, requiring flexibility with hours before and during openings and occasional events. This internship is eligible for college credit.
– Support Gallery Manager in the day-to-day management of the gallery including welcoming visitors
– Update filing and assist with the phone line
– Assist with First Friday events, including bar and admission sales
– Work with the Gallery Manager to create a social media calendar
– Update Pro Arts website with upcoming event and artist information
– Work with the Gallery Manager to create organizational systems through Google Forms and Excel spreadsheets
– Assist with entering and organizing donor and artist information through Salesforce
– Assist with installation and de-installation when necessary
– BA required / MA in art-related field a bonus
– Experience in arts administration
– Strong organizational and communication skills
– Must be comfortable speaking to Pro Arts’ mission
– Ability to work independently and execute multiple tasks at once
– Strong interest in working in the arts and/or public sector
– Experience or interest in working with contemporary and experimental artists
– Comfortable working in a hands-on environment
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and reference to Michelle Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Thank you!