Pro Arts’ visual arts programming is strategically planned to support artists in varying stages in their careers, inspire innovative art-making, cultivate artistic practices and showcase the best new work in the Oakland/Bay Area. Pro Arts serves the ongoing needs of artists by offering fiscal sponsorship to artist projects and emerging arts organizations. Fiscal-sponsored projects represent cutting-edge contemporary art, noncommercial and innovative enterprises, and community collaborations. These projects engage under-served populations, communities of color and working artists.
What is fiscal sponsorship?
Fiscal sponsorship is a formal arrangement in which a 501(c)(3) public charity sponsors an artist or group that lacks tax exempt status. This alternative to starting your own non-profit allows you to receive grants and solicit tax-deductible donations under your sponsor’s exempt status.
More info at The Foundation Center’s Grant Space.
Interested in fiscal sponsorship through Pro Arts?
Pro Arts supports the arts within communities by serving the ongoing needs of artists.
1. Contact Pro Arts with a brief description of the proposed fiscally sponsored project.
2. Receive an application form that requests the following information:
• Project description including the nature/mission of the work, goals for the next year, history and scope of the project
• Description of past fundraising efforts and plans for future fundraising
• Project budget
• Professional references
• Resume(s) or bio(s) of lead personnel
3. Return completed application and Pro Arts staff will confirm receipt of application.
4. Applicants will receive a response within 2-4 weeks; staff may contact the project leader to clarify information and to arrange an interview.
Please note this entire review process may take between 3-6 weeks to reach final approval.
Active Fiscal Clients
Betti Ono Gallery
Betti Ono is an experimentally minded space for art, culture and community. Located in the heart of Downtown Oakland, Betti Ono features local, national and international artists in rotating exhibits, performances and monthly events.